An Illuminated Poem in â€śbĂ˘tardeâ€ť Calligraphy, with fairies, unicorns, rabbits and a flying horse!
Six classes which lead you through the steps of creating an A4 page with one verse from John Keatsâ€™ poem â€śLa Belle Dame Sans Merciâ€ť.Â Calligraphy is in the French bĂ˘tarde style, with an illuminated initial and fantasy illustrations painted with gouache.
- Class 1: Roughs for the lay-out of your composition.Â Learning to draw â€śacanthus-leafâ€ť decorations, rabbits and toadstools.
- Class 2: Calligraphy practice.Â The French bĂ˘tarde script.
- Class 3: Continued drawing practice: unicorns, flying horses and fairies.
- Class 4: Beginning the final project.Â Lay-out of the composition in pencil.Â Calligraphy of the text in gouache.
- Class 5: Drawing all of the decoration and the illuminated initial.Â Out-lining in gouache or ink, before erasing all the pencil-work to prepare for the final painting step.
- Class 6: Painting all the decoration, then returning with a very fine brush and white gouache to add highlights and details.
Buy full access to the 6 videos and 11 associated handouts of Module 3 for 12 months for only 9 â‚¬:
Using STRIPE with your credit card :
Using PAYPAL :