Design Celtic interlace and Illuminations: Knotwork,Â zoĂ¶morphic initials and carpet pages!
In this module, weâ€™ll be looking at some of the motifs and techniques of Celtic art and illumination:Â interlace or knotwork, animal interlace (also called zoĂ¶morphics),Â knotwork incorportated into letters, and also how to create a Â« carpet page Â» (a page filled with interlace, zoĂ¶morphics and spirals).
We wonâ€™t actually do any pen-written calligraphy in this module, but we do look at the Insular Alphabet and its unusual and lively forms!Â Youâ€™ll be guided through four little projects: an illuminated zoĂ¶morphic letter, interlace in a circular form, a short word richly decorated, and a cross-carpet-page.
This module is composed of 6 classes to allow you to create all kinds of interlace and illumination in different forms and celtic letters:
- Class 1: How to make basic knots with points and simple interlace.
- Class 2: The forms of Celtic letters and their transformation into interlace.
- Class 3: Celtic animals and a zoĂ¶morphic letter: a stylized cat is invited to transform into the letter T.
- Class 4: Basic knots in a circular form.
- Class 5: The word PAX written in a Celtic style.
- Class 6: A carpet page in the shape of a Celtic Cross, combining interlace, spirals and zoĂ¶morphics.
Buy full access for 12 months to all the modules for 65 â‚¬ or only to the 6 videos and 8 associated handouts of Module 5 for only 16 â‚¬ and realize your own artwork:
Using STRIPE with your credit card (Secured) on the “Join-us” page.
Using PAYPAL(Secured) on the “Join-us” page.
To complement this module you might like to purchase Jane’s book “How to Create Celtic Illuminations”